About Taylor Pond Campground
Taylor Pond can be found in the back woods, on a dirt road, and miles from the public mainstream. Fishermen and naturalists come from miles to spend vacations in a lean-to, a designated open site on the back part of the pond, or the mainland campground. Canoes and rowboats can be rented at the boat launch site at the caretaker's residence. Taylor Pond Campground is located on the northeast corner of Taylor Pond, just west of Ausable Forks, NY.
- located 9 miles northwest of Ausable Forks, NY
- 25 campsites, 1 drive-in site is on the water, 2 additional drive-in sites are close to the water
- 5 interior sites are on the water but are boat accessable only (3 are lean-to sites, 2 are tent sites)
- offers a rustic, quiet experience
- this is a primitive campsite with no flush toilets or showers
- there is no swimming area
- ideal for fisherman
- a 12 mile hiking trail is accessible from the campground
- fairly close to the Ausable River
- Taylor Pond can be dangerous due to wind/waves
- rowboat and canoe rentals available
Nightly camping fee $16 (all sites)
Out of state patrons surcharge $5/night
Camping Season Dates
Fri May 20, 2016 thru Sun Sep 4, 2016
Fri May 19, 2017 thru Sun Sep 3, 2017
Use the +/- zoom controls and the 'Satellite' button to get a closer view of the campground (and potentially identify specific sites)
Loading map, please wait...
Taylor Pond Lake Site ( photos)
Note! The reservation frame below is the Reserve America reservations site. This frame is provided for your convenience only. The Campsite Guide is in no way affiliated with Reserve America. You might wish to
open a separate reservation window
Dave's tips are currently available for only some camprounds. Unfortunately Taylor Pond isn't one of them! Check back another time.